*Senator International Corporation (SIC)
SIC warrants to the original purchaser that its products are
free from defects in materials
and workmanship for a period of ten (10) years from date of delivery, except as noted below. This warranty applies to single shift (standard 8-hour day, 5 days per week) use, and covers products delivered in the contiguous United States and Canada.
This warranty covers repairs or replacement of product at our discretion and payment of approved labor charges as necessary to effect such repairs or replacement.
Stacking chairs, metal chair frames, seating components including controls and adjustment mechanisms, height adjustment mechanisms and pneumatic cylinders, monitor supports and tablet arm assemblies, wood veneer and low pressure laminate (LPL) surfaces, urethane and wood edge treatments, upholstery and tailoring.
Electrical components and power supplies, ballasts, casters, glides, exposed wood frames, marker board surfaces, granite and glass surfaces, replacement parts.
SIC offers no warranty, either implied or expressed, on any fabrics or leathers used on our products. Fabrics and leathers carry warranties from the fabric manufacturer or reseller.
Please refer to each reseller’s warranties before specifying. Because every fabric specification is different and application for use must be taken into consideration, SIC shall not be held responsible in any manner for wrong specification of fabric for tailoring, wear, durability,
or light fastness.
Warranty does not apply to product failure or loss resulting from:
- Normal wear and tear.
- Failure to apply, install or maintain products according to published SIC or manufacturer instructions
- Abuse, misuse, neglect or accident.
- Unauthorized alteration or modification of the product.
- Products exposed to extreme environmental conditions or improper storage.
- Substitution of any unauthorized components that are integral to the performance of the product.
Warranty does not cover:
- Replacement parts are covered for 3 years not to exceed the balance of the original warranty.
- Customer’s own materials including, but not limited to solid surfaces, laminates, textiles and upholstery materials, leathers, wood and wood veneers. These materials are subject to the original manufacturer’s warranties only.
- Variations in surface materials including color, grain, texture.
- Variations in leather such as scars, wrinkles, and other marks.
- Variations in wood such as color, staining, grain, scars and other marks.
- Color fastness due to aging or exposure to sunlight.
- Consumables, such as batteries, light bulbs and lamps.
- Products purchased “as is”, used or secondhand.
- Products sold by unauthorized dealers or installer
Warranty Provides Exclusive Remedies
Under this warranty, if a product fails during normal use during the warranty period as a result of a defect in materials or workmanship, SIC will, at its sole discretion, either repair or replace the product free of charge. If SIC determines the repair or replacement of the product(s) is not commercially practical, SIC may choose to refund the purchase price of the affected product.
This warranty applies to products purchased on or after March 1, 2016. For products purchased prior to March 1, 2016, please refer to the warranty terms and conditions in effect at that time.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE SOLE REMEDY FOR PRODUCT DEFECT AND NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY IS PROVIDED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SIC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.
This warranty is non-transferable and valid to the original purchaser only. Warranty is enforceable only if products were acquired and installed by SIC or one of its Authorized Resellers.